In this section:
End of year process - Camden, Richmond and Waltham Forest
The information on this page is for employers who:
- Participate in the Camden fund
- Participate in the Waltham Forest fund
- Participated in the former Richmond fund before the merger with the Wandsworth fund on 1 October 2016, and have subsequently continued to participate in the Wandsworth fund
If you participate in the Merton fund or the Wandsworth fund (excluding employers who formerly participated in the Richmond fund before the fund merger), please refer to the end of year information for Merton and Wandsworth pension funds.
2018/19 instructions and guidance
As we approach the end of the financial year, we would like to remind all our employers of the importance of returning prompt and accurate data to the Pensions Shared Service. In order that your administering authority can complete its accounts and meet statutory deadlines it is vital that records are accurate, that annual benefit statements are dispatched by 31 August, and that benefits are paid correctly.
2019 is a valuation year for the Local Government Pension Scheme and having timely and accurate data is vital to ensure that your ongoing employer contribution rate is calculated correctly. Late or inaccurate data may have a detrimental effect on the amount you pay going forward.
The pensions newsletter and accompanying notes below outline key instructions relating to payroll processes and employer information. Of particular importance are the instructions for end of year 2018/19. We have also uploaded a blank end of year template and guidance notes. This must be brought to the attention of the responsible officers/payroll providers for your organisation.
- Employer notification guidance
- End of year template - Camden, Richmond and Waltham Forest
- LGPS end of year instructions 2018/19 (Camden, Richmond and Waltham Forest)
- Pensions Ombudsman - ill health guidance
- Pensions Shared Service newsletter - December 2018
If you have any queries regarding the information in the newsletter, guidance notes or data template, contact the Pensions Shared Service on 020 8871 8036 (ask for the employers team), or email PSSEmployers@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk.